John D. Renucci, MD, FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
CEO – Founder TURO SKIN™
Dr. John Renucci returned to his hometown of Grand Rapids in 2002 with over 18 years of experience in prestigious residency programs, fellowships and clinical practice.
Before joining Plastic Surgery Associates (PSA), Dr. Renucci had distinguished himself in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery with both his academic achievement, extensive training experience and his breadth of clinical exposure. Dr. Renucci graduated with academic distinction from the University of Michigan in 1991. He went on to excel in medical school at Columbia University in New York City where he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society and received his medical degree in 1995. Dr. Renucci began his surgical training at Columbia University and completed his plastic surgery residency at the University of Chicago. While in Chicago, he received many distinguished awards for his academic achievements. Following residency, Dr. Renucci spent two additional years of highly sub-specialized training in both reconstructive as well as cosmetic surgery. He completed a year of microsurgery training at the University of Chicago. Then his interest in cosmetic surgery then led him to a renowned training position at the Cleveland Clinic in South Florida.
Dr. Renucci’s in-depth surgical and clinical training coupled with his broad clinical experience has helped him focus on cosmetic plastic surgery. His areas of specialty include aesthetic breast surgery, body contouring, and facial cosmetic surgery. Other areas of interest include non-surgical facial rejuvenation, short scar surgeries, non-surgical skin care (founder/CEO of TURO Skin)/CO2 lasers and limited access endoscopic techniques. Dr. Renucci has received numerous awards in the field of plastic surgery and has lectured internationally. He has been invited to provide expert plastic surgery insight for radio, television and magazines. Dr. Renucci remains active in clinical research and has authored journal articles and textbook chapters. His continued interest in education has led him to become involved in medical student and resident training and to pursue yearly medical mission trips to Latin America.
Dr. Renucci builds caring professional relationships with patients based on communication and sensitivity. He is compassionate, understanding, and committed to excellence.
Plastic Surgery Associates (PSA) physicians are trained specialists with comprehensive experience in cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures. Committed to delivering the finest care possible to every patient, PSA surgeons have achieved extensive post-graduate training and contribute nationally to cutting-edge research. They also teach current and future surgeons at the Grand Rapids Medical Education & Research Center for Health Professions (GRMERC) Plastic Surgery Residency.
Meet Dr. Renucci
Click above to learn more about Dr. Renucci.
Credentials and Career Achievements
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- CEO, Founder TURO SKIN™
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Division of Plastic Surgery
- Voted Aesthetic Everything’s Top 10 Body Sculpting Doctors 2015, 2016
- Voted 10 Best by American Institute of Plastic Surgeons Client Satisfaction 2015, 2016 and 2018
- Voted Top Plastic Surgeon 2018 by Top Plastic Surgeon Reviews
- Voted one of Grand Rapids Magazine’s Favorite Plastic Surgeons in 2011-2018, Reader’s Poll
- Selected as one of Aesthetic Everything’s Top 5 Body Sculpting Doctors 2015
- Patients’ Choice Award 2010-2012, 2014 rated and awarded by patients
- Selected as one of Harper’s Bazaar Magazine’s 24 Best Beauty Surgeons 2014
- Voted “Best Plastic Surgeon” in 2008-2010 in the Grand Rapids Magazine Reader’s Poll
- Author/co-author of many textbooks and professional journal articles
- Lectured at international, national and regional conferences
- Voted Most Compassionate Doctor 2012 and 2013 by Patients’ Choice
- Aesthetic Surgery Teacher of the Year in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010
- Inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), medical honor society
- Robert G. Bertsch Award in Surgery, Awarded for high academic merit